Kuldhara Abandoned Village

Kuldhara Abandoned Village


Kuldhara was established in 1291 after the Paliwal clan migrated from Pali to escape the tyranny of the Pali king. and became the largest of 85 towns in the area. It had a population of about 1500 people, all of whom were Paliwal Brahmins, decedents of the Maharaj Haridas. The towns flourished and became an active trade center.